Monday 9 May 2016

Screen Print Tests

Navy ink screen print onto orange-yellow Himalayan paper.

With these two screen prints I attempted to create a marble mixed ink aesthetic by using a blue and white ink but it didn't come out very clearly or very mixed - just at the top of the image, further down I think the inks just blurred together, or the white took over the blue. 

I really enjoyed using different paper stocks, especially the more textured ones. However it really effected the quality of the screen print because there was a lot of bleed as the paper was denser and coarser in certain areas. This puts me off using a paper like this for print, however I think lino print would come out better with a more textured surface. 

I decided to use lino print as my chosen method as I think the hand made line marks and slightly more scruffy quality work better with the content of my prints. However I did a lot of tests with screen prints and different papers for one of my line drawings of the Hindu god Hanuman.

Find an ISSUU link to my test pieces below:


No comments:

Post a Comment