Wednesday 18 May 2016

Q&A Saturday: Final Resolutions in Context

Today We Wore blog share my post on their website here. This, and the original blog posts are examples of where this brief stands contextually in real world situations. With most editorial publications going online, and the rise of the blogger, it is crucial to pay attention to the power of social media in attracting an audience, clients and other work. 
However, personally I love being able to hold a book or magazine, print is still just as important. Here is my double page magazine spread featuring the Q&A that I did with Portsmouth illustration student Aggie Davies. This is a great example of how illustration is still relevant in print today, I have made my illustration the main part of the page however it works alongside text and photography to help to capture and convey 'Aggie'. The illustration gives an insight into her personality in a different way to the other features, it also brings colour, mark making and line work into the page which, purely on a visual basis, makes it look a lot more aesthetically pleasing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment