Monday 2 May 2016

Peer Review 29/04/16

General Comment
Loads of nice work! Needs to be displayed better, e.g. boards and blogs and needs to be put into context now - how is it going to be displayed?

Understand and demonstrate coherent and detailed subject knowledge and professional competences, some of which will be informed by recent research in this discipline.
(Knowledge and Understanding: RESEARCH)

Strong breadth of research shows informed foundations of work.

Articulate and synthesise their knowledge and understanding attributes and skills in effective ways in the contexts of creative practice, employment, further study, research and self fulfillment.
(Cognitive Skills: PROBLEM ANALYSIS)

Good analysis of work and approach to problems, more images on blog are needed to visually state this. 

Develop appropriate methods of professional presentation combining visual, verbal and written techniques. 
(Practical and Professional Skills: VISUAL QUALITY)
Loads of work, investigating visual quality, however the presentation of the work could be improved upon by use of presentation boards and blogging scans etc.

Demonstrate their ability to synthesise analytical and intuitive approaches with a high level of process and professional skill. 

(Practical and Professional Skills: TECHNICAL COMPETENCE)
Good use of analogue media and repetition to show refinement but needs to take the next step in production. Possibly digital refinement or putting into context e.g. in a book etc?

Analyse information and experiences, formulate independent judgement and articulate reasoned arguments through review and evaluation. 
(Key Transferable Skills: EVALUATION)

The blog is extremely text heavy, try to cut down a bit, maybe put the text heavy blog posts into ISSUU docs.

My notes: 
I really agree with presentation - not only digital presentation and boards but also my final pieces will be using a lot better stock too.
I disagree with my use of text as being a problem in my blogs. For my work writing is incorporated into thinking around the problem and coming up with the content and context, my blog, not ISSUU, is a great place for me to actually put all the text and written documentation!! ISSUU is actually for large quantities of images in my blog. I struggle with the idea that they have asked to add more images, as I have been told by tutors to cut down on images in the past... but I will add some more small progress pics as I go and write short blog posts about these. Unfortunately some other posts may be a lot longer - it is just a difference in working to my peer reviewer!

No comments:

Post a Comment