Tuesday 3 May 2016

Angela Cavalieri

Crociera 2008 Hand printed linocut and oil paint on canvas 145 x 160.5 cm

Another contemporary printmaker who has really inspired my printmaking process for this FMP is Angela Cavalieri. It is not her just her use of text, which appeals to be because I have been reading a literature and poetry inspired by India, and this would be a fantastic way of incorporating it in to my illustrations in a dynamic shape like the image above. The mark making stands out to me because even in the cut away areas there is still visable mark making. Cavalieri has used a mixed media of linocut with oil paint on canvas for this work. This reminds me that I can use my lino prints to create canvas based pieces rather than just on flat paper stock. It also would be interesting to experiment with using the lino cut as the background or foreground of a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment