Tuesday 17 May 2016

Photographs

After editing my primary photographs on Photoshop I  printed them out on good quality gloss paper. However I wasn't happy with the final layout of them, and I hadn't made them all the same size so I couldn't cut them out to have them separate or use them for a publication. Instead I decided to 'illustrate over the top of them in black, again here, as with my lino cuts, my main focus was line and mark making with intricate details. I am happy with how the sheets have turned out because they help to link my illustrative practice with my photography.

These photographs are a small selection of the huge range from my trip to India that have helped to inspire and influence my work. I focused on a few themes in particular; nature, education (particularly for girls as Kerala is exceptional for this especially in contrast to the rest of India) and day to day life witnessed through the eyes of a tourist.
Find an ISSUU link to a bigger selection of my photographs from a trip to the jungle in the mountains home to the elephant reserve...

No comments:

Post a Comment