Wednesday 15 January 2014

Task 5: 3D and Lens: Mutation Photo

3D and Lens


Above are my notes and ideas for creating a mutation illustration using photography.
I decided to try to portray my love of cereal by mutating the relative sizes so that it looks like a 'dream come true'.

The original photograph I used was this one: 

Which I just cut out and mounted and then arranged cereal packets behind it and attached the photo to the bowl using blue tack and attached the hand to the spoon using blue tack. To keep the spoon in position and to arrange the cereal so it could be seen I made the 'milk' out of paper and put a circle of it in the bowl, placing cereal on top. 

I took the photo where there was warm but bright lighting as I went for a positive mutation rather than a gory one. For the location all I needed was a flat surface to put the cereal boxes as a background and the bowl on. I took the photo close up and on level/slightly above the scene. I kept the camera close so that the frame contained the cereal boxes but not any of the other background. This meant the scale was kept how I wanted it as I eliminated any other objects. As it was a close up shot I had to make sure my camera could focus on it and luckily my phone camera was a high enough quality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment